A beautiful and tasty meal for breakfast, brunch, or dinner!
Sausage and Peppers Sweet Potato Hash with Eggs
1 lb sweet Italian sausage, castings removed
1 large vidalia onion, chopped
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
2 medium-small sweet potatoes (any color), peeled and cubed
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
1/2 tsp parsley
salt and pepper
- In a large and deep skillet (that comes with a fitted lid), cook sausages, breaking into pieces with a spatula, until mostly browned.
- Turn heat to low and add in onions and green bell pepper. Cook for 10 minutes.
- Add in sweet potatoes, spices, salt, and pepper. Cook for another 8 minutes.
- With your spatula, press and flatten all the ingredients down. Crack 3 eggs on top and cover hash with the lid. Let cook until eggs are done.
- Garish with some paprika and thyme and serve!